The body of Adah Nyambura who was pursuing a Bachelor of Education (Mathematics and Business) was found dumped in a bush near the school.

Her father, Peter Muriti who spoke to Nation noted that his daughter was raped and strangled. He also noted that her body had been burnt with an iron box.

Muriti noted that an autopsy at the Narok Level Five Hospital revealed that the deceased had been tortured before she was killed.

According to the father of two, Nyambura had informed him that she would be partying with friends. Prior to that, she had informed them that she would be travelling home during the week.

However, he says that they attempted to call their daughter on Saturday but her phone went unanswered causing panic since it was unusual for her not to answer.

Muriti says he received a call from an officer on Sunday informing him of a body that had been found.

“He broke my heart. I could not comprehend what he was talking about. All I heard was that a body had been found dumped somewhere. I travelled to Narok without disclosing to my wife what had happened because I was worried for her,” Miriti stated.

“We also went to the scene where her body was found in a thicket. Officers told me her body was half-naked and she did not have shoes. No shoes were discovered in the vicinity so the killers must have murdered her somewhere and dumped the body there. The iron box burns must also have happened in a room when the box was connected to power,” Muriti stated.

He also noted that he visited the club where his daughter and other friends were partying and was shown some photos and videos.

Staff at the club disclosed that the young lady had been accompanied by a man and other colleagues. It is reported that her boyfriend, Brian Kimutai, who is currently in police custody picked up her phone and left her in the club. She left the club on Saturday morning.

Questions have emerged after Kimutai noted that the deceased had gone missing on Sunday contrary to police reports that she disappeared on Saturday.

The devastated father is calling on the police to speed up investigations and bring the culprit to book.

The deceased’s body was moved to the Meru Funeral Home pending burial scheduled for May 10, 2023.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *